Michaelson Road Bridge is a road bridge connecting Central Barrow to Barrow Island in south Cumbria, England. It was constructed between 1800 and 1884 and is the shortest but oldest of the town's two main road bridges. It was built at a time when Barrow Island was actually an island and there was strong call for road access between mainland Barrow at the shipyard on Barrow Island. Traffic on the bridge was soon relieved when and old Victorian dock was filled in and space was created for the huge Devonshire Dock Hall complex, traffic now runs along the north side of the building on the A590.
Copyright: CC 3.0