Hinwick House, built in 1709-10 for Richard Orlebar, first occupied in 1714, stands to the north of the hamlet of Hinwick, Bedfordshire, England. The house stands in its own park of about 32 acres (130,000 m2) on the west side of the road from Podington and to the south of the Wollaston Road from which the house is approached along a drive. At the end of which are wrought-iron gates with stone piers surmounted by collared eagles' heads with wings displayed, the crest of the Orlebar family by whom the house was built. It has Changed owners over the last 20 years a number of times, and is now owned by a Mr Ronan Willson, and is being refurbished to its former glory.
Copyright: CC 3.0