Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United Kingdom, Wirral
Number of texts: 1
The Laird School of Art was a school of art situated on Park Road North, Birkenhead, Merseyside, England, overlooking Birkenhead Park. It was the first public school of art outside London and was given to the town by John Laird. The school opened on 27 September 1871 and was closed in 1979 when it merged with the Birkenhead College of Technology, formerly situated on Borough Road. The building on Park Road North is used as the John Laird Centre.