Jenkin Chapel, stands in an isolated position on the western slopes of the Pennines, 4.3 miles northeast of Macclesfield, Cheshire, England. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II* listed building. The chapel lies at the junction of three ancient trackways, known as "salters' ways" because they were used by packhorses carrying salt. Later the tracks were used by cattle drovers and sheep dealers. It is an Anglican chapel in the diocese of Chester, the archdeaconry of Macclesfield and the deanery of Macclesfield. Its benefice is combined with those of Holy Trinity, Rainow and Forest Chapel, Macclesfield Forest and Wildboarclough.
The chapel was built using local materials in 1733 by local people who also raised money to pay for a minister. A tower was added in 1755.
Copyright: CC 3.0