Fintona is a village and townland in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. Its 2013 population is calculated at 1,423.
The local area has been known to have had human activity for around 4000 years; there are many burial places, standing stones, stone circles and graves in the area around Fintona. The current village is developed from an Uí Néill fortress built in 1431 and is one of Tyrone's oldest settlements. Some time after the Plantation of Ulster, by 1668 the dominant landowners in the area was the Eccles Family and their Manor House, which was located in what is nowadays Fintona Golf Club and Ecclesville Park on the Ecclesville Demense, was built in 1703.
Copyright: CC 3.0
Omagh, United Kingdom