Petroupoli is a suburb in the northwestern part of Athens Urban Area, in Greece. Petroupoli was part of the community of Nea Liosia until 1946, when it became a separate community. It was elevated to municipality status in 1972.
Petroupoli is situated in the eastern foothills of the Egaleo mountain, 7 km northwest of Athens city centre. The municipality has an area of 6.597 km2. Its main streets connect the town with Ilion and Peristeri.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0