Copyright: Creative Commons 4.0
The Hugh Lane Gallery, officially Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane and originally the Municipal Gallery of Modern Art, is an art gallery operated by Dublin City Council and its subsidiary the Hugh Lane Gallery Trust. It is located in Charlemont House on Parnell Square, Dublin, Ireland.
The gallery was founded by Sir Hugh Lane on Harcourt Street in 1908, and is the first known public gallery of modern art in the world. There is no admission fee and the gallery is completely wheelchair-accessible. The gallery was closed for reconstruction in 2004, and reopened in May 2006, with a new extension by Gilroy McMahon Architects.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
© 2006-2019 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com