Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Italia, Torino, Torino
Number of texts: 1
The Royal Palace of Turin (Italian: Palazzo Reale di Torino) is a historic palace of the House of Savoy in the city of Turin in northern Italy. It was originally built in the 16th century. The palace was subsequently modernized by Christine Marie of France (1606–63) in the 17th century, with even later additions designed by Baroque architect Filippo Juvarra. The palace also includes the Palazzo Chiablese and the Chapel of the Holy Shroud, which was built to house the famous Shroud of Turin. In 1946, the building became property of the state and was turned into a museum. It was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage Site list in 1997, along with 13 other residences of the House of Savoy.