San Lazzaro degli Armeni (Venetian: San Làzaro dei Armeni, English: Saint Lazarus of the Armenians, Armenian: Սուրբ Ղազար Surb Ghazar) is a small island in the Venetian Lagoon, northern Italy, lying immediately west of the Lido. It has been occupied by an Armenian Catholic monastery that is the headquarters of the Mechitarist Order since 1717. The island has been one of the world's foremost centers of Armenian culture. It was a major Armenian printing center during the 18th century.
Copyright: CC 3.0