Trento Cathedral is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Trento, northern Italy. It is the mother church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Trento, and, until 1802, was the seat of the Bishopric of Trent. It was built over a pre-existing 6th-century church devoted to Saint Vigilius , patron saint of the city.
Bishop Federico Wanga commissioned the architect Adamo d'Arogno to construct the new Lombard-Romanesque church. Works continued for more than a hundred years, with the Gothic style becoming increasingly evident.
Copyright: CC 3.0