Temple C at Selinus, Trapani (Sicily), is a Greek temple in the doric style. It was one of the most ancient of the temples at Selinus, having probably been built on the acropolis a little after the middle of the sixth century BC, although its dating is controversial. The temple was the object of archaeological research in the nineteenth century and beginning of the twentieth century and later the remains of a long stretch of the northern colonnade received anastylosis (reconstruction using the original material) in 1929. After a twelve-year long restoration, in 2011 the colonnade was freed from scaffolding and made properly visible once more.
Copyright: CC 3.0