The Autodromo Vallelunga Piero Taruffi is a racing circuit situated 20 miles (32 km) north of Rome, Italy, near Vallelunga of Campagnano. Vallelunga was built as a sand 1.102 miles (1.8 km) oval in 1959. From 1963 the circuit held the Rome Grand Prix, and in 1967 a new loop was added when the track became the property of the Automobile Club d'Italia (ACI). Further refurbishment was undertaken in 1971. The track is named for the famous Italian racing driver Piero Taruffi.
Copyright: CC 3.0