Ovetari Chapel

Chapel

IT |

Public | FrenchItalian

Source: File Upload Bot (Eloquence)

Copyright: CC 3.0

The Ovetari Chapel (Italian: Cappella Ovetari) is a chapel in the right arm of the Church of the Eremitani in Padua. It is renowned for a Renaissance fresco cycle by Andrea Mantegna and others, painted from 1448 to 1457. The cycle was destroyed by an Allied bombing in 1944: today, only two scenes and a few fragments survive, which have been restored in 2006. They are however known from black-and-white photos

Source: Wikipedia.org

Copyright: CC 3.0

More information

Address

Padova
Italy

Sponsored links

More about this place of interest

Routes nearby

Related channels

Sponsored links

© 2006-2017 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com