Public | Italian
Located at the site of an ancient oratory dedicated to the martyrs St. Cosma and Damian. The skull and tibia of the latter are presumably among the relics in the church. They were the patron saints of barbers and doctors. The first documents about the church date to 1049. In 1684, the church roof was damaged by the naval bombardment of the city. It was also damage in World War II. It contains a painting of Esther and Assuerus by Bernardo Castello and a Madonna and child with St Cosma and Damian by Gioacchino Assereto.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
© 2006-2019 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com