The mill is build in 1890, replacing the former burned down mill. Already since 1566 a mill can be found on this spot. The mill has been in operation till 1958.
Soon (written 2/2011) the mill will be relocated to the nearby Munnikenpolder, because of restructuring of the surroundings. There the mill will be part of a caroussel together with two other mill which will relocate to this polder.