This mill, eight cornered, has been build on this location in 1904. It's replacing an old wooden, wipmolen which was in bad shape. The current mill probably was located before on the Rotte (north of Rotterdam) and built there in 1772.
The mill was put out of duty since 1960 and now only mills on voluntary basis. The mill is still inhabited and owned by the Rijnlandse Molenstiching.
Info: http://www.rijnlandsemolenstichting.nl/index.php?id=3&molen=5 (Dutch)
Kaag en Braassem,Rijpwetering