De Haag is a post mill in Beuningen, Gelderland, Netherlands which was built in 1706 and has been restored to working order. The mill is listed as a Rijksmonument.
A mill has stood in Beuningen since 1382. The previous mill was blown down c.1704 and De Haag was built to replace it. The mill was in the ownership of the De Pol family from 1825 to 1982. From 1900, a steam engine was used to provide auxiliary power, it being mentioned frequently in advertisements in De Molenaar. The mill stopped working by wind c.1940. The mill was restored in 1953, with some second-hand sails being fitted. Despite advertising in De Molenaar for a miller, no-one could be found to work the mill and it remained idle. In 1982, the mill was sold to the Gemeente Beuingen. The mill was completely rebuilt and moved to a new site 12 metres away. It was officially reopened on 4 November 1994 and has since been regularly worked. It is listed as a Rijksmonument, № 9536.
Copyright: CC 3.0
6641 BK Beuningen