The Kurhaus of Scheveningen, The Hague in the Netherlands is a hotel which is called the Grand Hotel Amrâth Kurhaus The Hague since October 2014. It is located in the main seaside resort area, near the beach.
The Kurhaus was built between 1884 and 1885 by the German architects Johann Friedrich Henkenhaf and Friedrich Ebert. It consisted originally of a concert hall and a hotel with 120 rooms. Having suffered serious damage by fire, it was rebuilt between 1886 and 1887. The ceilings were painted by the Brussels artist Van Hoeck and his large workshop. Several kings and heads of state sojourned in the Kurhaus during its heyday. Until the 1960s, the Kurhaus remained an attraction to the public via the many performances by top artists. The last performance in the Kurhauszaal was by the Rolling Stones on 8 August 1964, who had to flee the building.
Copyright: CC 3.0