De Heimerter Mole is a hollow post mill in Burgwerd, Friesland, Netherlands which has been restored to working order. The mill is listed as a Rijksmonument, number 39348.
In 1811, the mill was built to drain the Heimerter Polder, which had an area of 385 pondemaat . The mill was then owned by the church at Schalsum In 1950, the sails were fitted with streamlined leading edges on the Fok system. In 1957, a diesel engine was installed as auxiliary power and the wooden Archimedes' screw replaced by one of steel. In 1969, the mill ceased work. The diesel engine was removed in the mid-1970s and an automatic pumping station built. In 1973, the mill was bought by De Hollandsche Molen. In 1976, the mill was restored to working order. On 16 May 1988, the mill was sold to Stichting De Fryske Mole .
Copyright: CC 3.0