Almost all of the towns along Route 66 between Kingman and Seligman, such as Peach Spings, started as trainstations along the railroad which runs parallel to the Route in this part of the country. Route 66 crosses the southern boundary of the Hualapai Indian Reservation, and Peach Springs is the headquarters of the tribe. Peach Springs was at one time a western terminal of the Santa Fe Railroad, with a road house, shops, a Harvey House restaurant, and a stage coach line. The Shell station in Peach Springs dates back to the 1920's and is one of the continuously operated stations to be found on all of Route 66. Other buildings of interest are the Hualapai Wildlife Office and the new Hualapai Lodge, which houses a great restaurant and small gift shop. Twenty-one miles north of Peach Springs, on unpaved Diamond Creek Road, is the Colorado River, where primitive camping is available (Tribal permits are required from the Hualapai River Runners, and may be purchased at the Hualapai Lodge.) Also, from May to September, river trips down the mighty Colorado are offered. Another special attraction is Havasupai Falls.