New Utrecht Reformed Church is the fourth oldest church in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, New York. The church was established in 1677 in the town of New Utrecht, Brooklyn and is affiliated with the Reformed Church in America, a Protestant denomination. The present church was built in 1828 of stones taken from the original church built in 1700. The parish house was built in 1892 and the parsonage in 1906. The Liberty Pole, the sixth on the site of the present church, was originally erected in 1783 at the end of the Revolutionary War to harass departing British troops. The cemetery was built in 1654; 1300 dead are interred there.
Copyright: CC 3.0