The Holgate Library is a branch of the Multnomah County Library, in Portland in the U.S. state of Oregon. The branch offers the Multnomah County Library catalog of two million books, periodicals and other materials. Opening on May 19, 1971, it replaced the Arleta and Lents branch libraries, though the area had been served as early as 1904 with a deposit station in a drug store in Lents. Renovated in 2000, it has 6,060 square feet (563 m2) of floor space and can hold up to 30,000 volumes. The renovations included seismic upgrades, a new roof, new windows, and a solar-powered electricity back-up system, among other items. In February 2008, the branch added the county's only teen and children's librarians.
Copyright: CC 3.0