The Telegram Building is a historic building in Portland, Oregon. It formerly served as the headquarters of The Evening Telegram, a now-defunct local newspaper founded in 1877 by Henry L. Pittock. A Republican-leaning newspaper, the Telegram merged in 1931 with the Portland News, creating the Portland News-Telegram, which in turn ceased publishing in 1939. The red brick and terra-cotta structure culminates in a colonial-style clock tower.
A major renovation was completed in the 2004, renovating the building to accommodate multi-tenant office space. The renovation added two floors of underground parking, office space upstairs, and a penthouse behind the clock tower. The Telegram Building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.
Copyright: CC 3.0