The House of Providence is a former orphanage and school located in Vancouver, Washington. It was built c. 1873 by Mother Joseph of the Sacred Heart. She raised money for the construction of the House of Providence and other charitable institutions by leading begging tours through local mining camps. The building has three stories and was constructed in brick in a neo-Georgian style. It was used as a school until 1969.
Copyright: CC 3.0