The Wilsonville railroad bridge is a steel truss bridge that crosses the Willamette River at Wilsonville, Oregon, United States. This 1,220-foot long structure was finished in 1975 to replace a 1907 bridge at the same location and carries rail traffic for the Portland and Western Railroad. The original bridge was built to carry the Oregon Electric Railway across the river near the Boones Ferry.
The first bridge was built in 1907 for the Oregon Electric Railway line that ran from Eugene to Portland. That bridge was a steel, 2,430-foot long structure slightly downriver from the Boones Ferry crossing at a section of the Willamette that runs east-west between Canby and Newberg. Known as the Oregon Electric Wilsonville Bridge, the bridge had a southern approach consisting of a wooden trestle measuring more than 2,600 feet in length. This trestle caught fire in July 1939.
Copyright: CC 3.0