The A. V. Peters House aka the Peters-Liston-Wintermeier House, located in Eugene, Oregon, United States, is a house listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The house was built c1870 for merchant Andrew Vincent Peters and his wife Mary Elizabeth "Lizzy" (Shaw) Peters on the southeast corner of 10th and Pearl streets (original address was 661 Pearl Avenue), and moved to its current location in 1912. A 1-1/2 story c1890s carriage house was also moved onto the property about that same time. Considered one of Oregon's finest examples of the Rural Gothic Style, the house was built using a design from a pattern book by Henry W. Cleaveland published in 1856. Another pattern book Woodward's National Architect published in 1869 was also used as a reference for some of the decorative elements of the house. The house features board and batten siding, scrollwork balcony detailing, and bracketed eaves supporting the steeply pitched roof.
Copyright: CC 3.0