The Depoe Bay Bridge is one of a series of significant bridges along the Oregon Coast Highway. The concrete arch bridge spans the mouth of Depoe Bay at milepost 127.61 with a 150-foot (46 m) main span, and a total length of 312 feet (95 m). The bridge's designer was Conde McCullough who designed all of the 1920s bridges on the highway. The original bridge, completed in 1927, was only 18 feet (5.5 m) wide from curb to curb with no sidewalks, and was widened oin 1940 with a similar arched concrete bridge immediately adjacent to the original. The added structure is sympathetic to the original and is included in the National Register of Historic Places listing.
Copyright: CC 3.0