The Chambers Covered Bridge is a covered bridge located in Cottage Grove, Oregon, United States. It is 78 feet (24 m) long and spans the Coast Fork Willamette River. It was built in 1925 to carry rail traffic hauling logs from the Lorane Valley to the J.H. Chambers Mill, a lumber mill which was located on an area between South Highway 99 and the Coast Fork Willamette River. The mill closed in the 1950s after a second fire burned the mill down. The railroad tracks were removed and the bridge was left. The mill property is now being developed as a housing development called Riverwalk. The Chambers Covered Railroad Bridge is the only remaining fully covered railroad bridge west of the Mississippi River.
Copyright: CC 3.0