Rudolph Walton School is a historic school building located in the Strawberry Mansion neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was built in 1900-1901, and is a 3 1/2-story building, of coursed, cast stone ashlar. Brick additions were built in 1915 and 1924. It has a low hipped roof and large double hung windows. The projecting central entrance pavilion has a Renaissance Revival-style portico. It was among the first schools designed by J. Horace Cook after his appointment as Supervising Architect for the School Board. It was named for merchant Rudolph Walton (1826-1900).
Copyright: CC 3.0