James Elverson, Jr. School is a historic school building located in the Templetown neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was designed by Irwin T. Catharine and built in 1929-1930. It is a three-story, 11 bay, brick building on a raised basement in the Late Gothic Revival-style. An addition was built in 1954. It features a projecting central entrance pavilion, brick piers, and a castellated parapet. It was named for James Elverson, publisher of The Philadelphia Inquirer.
Copyright: CC 3.0