Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United States, Bradford
Number of texts: 1
Van Dyne Civic Building, also known as The Court House, is a historic courthouse building located at Troy, Bradford County, Pennsylvania. It was built in 1894, and is a 2 1/2-story, rectangular building, measuring 50 feet wide and 84 feet deep. It has red brick exterior walls and sits on a cut stone foundation. The front facade features an entrance arch reflecting Richardsonian Romanesque-style design influences. It also has pointed gable ends, a bracketed cornice, and two tower at either end of the front facade. The building originally served as a courthouse for the western portion of Bradford County. It also originally housed a bank and insurance company. Court sessions ended in 1923. In 1916, it was purchased by E. Everitt Van Dyne, who deeded it to the school district and refurbished it as a civic center for the community. Over time, it has also housed the post office and library.