Christ Hamilton United Lutheran Church and Cemetery is a national historic district consisting of a Lutheran / Reformed church and cemetery in Hamilton Township, Monroe County, Pennsylvania. The church was built in 1829, and is a 2 1/2-story, fieldstone building measuring 50 feet by 40 feet. It features a slate roof and rectangular steeple with delicate spire. Church records indicate that the cemetery was laid out in 1775, making it the oldest cemetery in Stroudsburg. The cemetery has 105 limestone headstones inscribed mostly in German. Burials date from 1793 to 1875.
Copyright: CC 3.0