Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United States, Philadelphia
Number of texts: 1
Rafsnyder-Welsh House is a historic home located in the Rittenhouse Square East neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The original house was built about 1855, as a typical brick Philadelphia rowhouse consisting of a front building, piazza, and back building. It was extensively remodeled and enlarged to its present form in 1893-1894. As presently formed, it consists of a four-story front building, approximately 34 feet wide and 36 feet deep, connected to a four-story back building, by a four story section. Attached to the back building is a three-story, brick wing and two-story wing. A four-story fire tower was added in 1922. It has an eclectic front facade of Pompeiian brick with sandstone and terra cotta trim.