Rapps Bridge, also known as Rapps Dam Bridge, is one of fifteen surviving historic wooden covered bridge in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Rapps Bridge is located on Rapps Dam Road in East Pikeland Township. It is a 105-foot-long (32 m), Burr truss bridge, constructed in 1866 by Benjamin F. Hartman. It has fieldstone abutments, horizontal siding and boxed cornices with returns at its portals. It is one of three covered bridges that cross French Creek, the others being Hall's Bridge and Kennedy Bridge.
Copyright: CC 3.0