The Hares Hill Road Bridge is a single-span, wrought iron, bowstring-shaped lattice girder bridge. It was built in 1869 by Moseley Iron Bridge and Roof Company and is the only known surviving example of this kind. The bridge spans French Creek, a Pennsylvania Scenic River. The structure has a current load posting of 7 tons .
The Hares Hill Road Bridge superstructure consists of one 103 feet 4 inches wrought-iron lattice girder span. The ends are supported on stone masonry abutments built by Abraham Taney, Jr., also in 1869. The bridge has been extensively rehabilitated several times, one of which added the current open grid steel deck.
Copyright: CC 3.0