Hibernia House is a historic home located in Hibernia County Park, near Wagontown, West Caln Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania. It was built in four phases between the late-18th and early-20th century. The original section was a two-story, stone dwelling measuring 18 feet by 24 feet. In 1798, a 1 1/2-story, stone kitchen addition was built. In 1821, the mansion house was built making the older sections the west wing. The mansion house is a 2 1/2-story, four bay, stone structure measuring 45 feet by 43 feet. The house was modified between 1895 and 1910 to add a 33 foot wide pedimented pavilion, ballroom addition, and addition to the west wing.
Copyright: CC 3.0