The Henry Antes House is a historic house museum at 318 Colonial Road, in Upper Frederick Township Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Built in 1736 by Henry Antes, it is a particularly high-quality example of a Moravian settlement house, with intact original interior finishes. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1992, and is now operated as a museum by Goschenhoppen Historians, a local preservation group.
The Henry Antes House stands in a rural setting, roughly midway between Pottstown and Perkiomenville on the south side of Colonial Road a short way east of its crossing of Swamp Creek. It is a two-story structure, built out of local rubblestone and covered by a gabled roof. It is two bays wide and one deep, with the entrance in the leftmost bay of the front facade. Ground-floor openings for doors and windows are topped by segmented-arch stone headers, while those on the second floor are butted against the eaves on the long sides and topped by arches on the short sides. Small windows in the gable ends also have arched tops. The roof is made of wooden shingles.
Copyright: CC 3.0