The Farmers and Mechanics Building is a historic "skyscraper" located in West Chester, Chester County, Pennsylvania. It was completed in 1908 and is a six-story skyscraper building, with a basement and penthouse in the Classical Revival style. The top floor once featured a Roof Garden. The exterior is faced in Indiana limestone and yellow hard face brick, with terra cotta decorative details. In 1918 when the Boy Scouts were founded in Chester County the Farmers and mechanics Building became their headquarters. During World War II, it was used to watch for German planes.
Copyright: CC 3.0