Baily House is a historic home located at Newark in New Castle County, Delaware. It was built about 1835 and is a 2 1⁄2-story "L"-shaped frame dwelling with a three-bay front facade. It was probably constructed as a single-family dwelling that may have been formerly connected to a row of matching houses. Some believe that it was moved from Baltimore to Newark in the mid-19th century. It was the residence of Miss Harriet Baily, who headed the Art Department of the University of Delaware from 1928-1956.
Copyright: CC 3.0