Hower-Slote House, also known as the Fort Freeland House, is a historic home located at Lewis Township, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. It was built about 1845, and is a 2 1/2-story, five bay by two bay, rectangular brick dwelling in the Germanic style. It measures 40 feet by 28 feet, and has a gable roof. The house is sites on the location of the American Revolutionary War Fort Freeland. It was also the site of grist and sawmills (1772), a fulling mill (1806), and later commercial enterprises.
Copyright: CC 3.0