Christian Schlegel Farm is a historic farm complex and national historic district located in Richmond Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania. It has 11 contributing buildings, 1 contributing site, 7 contributing structures, and 1 contributing object. They are a 1 1/2-story, stone farmhouse with a rear ell (1789, c. 1850); 1 1/2-story, stone summer kitchen (1789); 1 1/2-story, brick school house (c. 1870); frame Pennsylvania bank barn (1887); three wagon sheds; privy; tool shed; milk house; and smokehouse. The contributing structures are two chicken houses, two grape arbors, ground cellar, earthen dam, and small frame brooder house. The contributing site is the family cemetery and the contributing object is a granite marker commemorating the acquisition of the farm by Christian Schlegel on August 15, 1738. The farm remains in the Schlegel family.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
Berks, United States
© 2006-2019 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com