Public School 17 is a historic school located at City Island in the Bronx, New York City. It was designed by noted architect C. B. J. Snyder (1860–1945) and built in 1897 in the Neo-Georgian style. A rear addition was built in 1930. It is a two story, five bay brick building on a high basement. It features a shallow wooden entrance porch with Doric order columns. It served as a school until 1975 and now serves as the City Island Historical Society and Nautical Museum.
Copyright: CC 3.0