Church of the Ascension is located in Windsor, Ontario Canada. It is part of the Diocese of Huron and is a member of the Anglican Church of Canada. The Chapel of Ascension, as it was formerly called was founded on May 11, 1893 and the current church is still holding their services at the original location on London Street, now called University Avenue. Early in its existence the parish was served by the rectors and curates of their sister church, All Saints Anglican Church, Windsor. Prior to the construction of the original frame church people would gather at the site and hold services. Church of the Ascension grew until it was a large enough congregation and as a result they received their first official rector in 1905.
Copyright: CC 3.0