German submarine U-2552 was a Type XXI U-boat of Nazi Germany's Kriegsmarine, built for service in World War II. She was ordered on 6 November 1943, and was laid down on 10 December 1944 at the Blohm & Voss yard at Hamburg, as yard number 2552. She was launched on 31 March 1945, and commissioned under the command of Kapitänleutnant Johannes Rudolph, on 21 April 1945.
Like all Type XXI U-boats, U-2552 had a displacement of 1,621 tonnes when at the surface and 1,819 tonnes while submerged. She had a total length of 76.70 m , a beam length of 8 m , and a draught length of 6.32 m . The submarine was powered by two MAN SE supercharged six-cylinder M6V40/46KBB diesel engines each providing 4,000 metric horsepower , two Siemens-Schuckert GU365/30 double-acting electric motors each providing 5,000 PS , and two Siemens-Schuckert silent running GV232/28 electric motors each providing 226 PS .
Copyright: CC 3.0