Places of Interest nearby
Number of texts: 1
The original Romanesque church was completely altered in the 16th century but was then burnt by French invaders in 1794. In 1908 a church hall and west tower were built in late Gothic style. Unfortunately this church was destroyed during the 1914- 18 war. It was then rebuilt a little hastily in 1922-23 in red brick with a base in ferruginous sandstone and a square tower with a hexagonal spire. It was renovated in 1973.
Inside, the walls are white and the barrel vault in wood. Furnishings are neo-gothic. 17th and 19th century paintings include “the murder of the three priests” and “Our Lady with Child” , wreathed in flowers.
In the village are two monuments commemorating three priests killed in 1568.