Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, Berlin
Number of texts: 1
The Peace Column is a column located in Mehringplatz in Berlin, Germany. Designed by Christian Gottlieb Cantian and erected in 1843, the 19-meter column is topped with a brass status of Victoria, goddess of victory, designed by Christian Daniel Rauch. In 1876, allegories of the four victorious allies of Waterloo were added, and in 1879 two more sculptures followed: The Peace by Albert Wolff and Clio, writing the history of the liberation wars by Ferdinand Hartzer.