Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, Kassel
Number of texts: 1
Vollmarshausen is a village of 3000 inhabitants incorporated into the municipality of Lohfelden in Hesse, Germany.
The area around Vollmarshausen was settled in the late Bronze Age and early Iron Age . 1951 a large burial site was found. It is one of the most important finds from this period in Western Europe. In the 10th and 11th century, the land east of Kassel was given to colonists. In the year 1019 Henry II gave the village to the monastery of Kaufungen. During the Middle Ages until the 19th century Vollmarshausen was a court place, on this place there is the 250-year-old lime tree with an old stone table. For about 200 years Vollmarshausen was known for breech-loading wheellock sporting rifles produced by Johann Jakob Lagemann. The old factory , still exists and is a horse riding centre today.