Places of Interest nearby
- Bad Karlshafen station
- Bad Karlshafen: Deutsches Hugenottenmuseum
- Reisemobil-Stellplatz „Am rechten Weserufer“, Bad Karlshafen
- Reisemobil-Stellplatz Höxter-Godelheim Freizeitanlage
- Reisemobilstellplatz -quot;Parkplatz Schwimm- und Freizeitzentrum Bevern-Burgberg-quot;
- Reisemobil-Stellplatz -quot;Floßplatz Höxter-quot;
Location address: Deutschland, Northeim
Number of texts: 1
Nienover is a rural housing estate which is part of Bodenfelde. It is located in the Solling and contains one of the largest deserted medieval towns in northern Europe.
The area was used by Mesolithic hunters and gatherers. During the Neolithic period, the area was farmed. Later, during the Bronze and pre-Roman Iron Ages, there was scattered settlement. Permanent settlements came during the 8th and 9th centuries. Hethis, the site of what later became the Frankish Corvey Abbey, was founded in 815.