Places of Interest nearby
Location address: España, Cádiz
Number of texts: 1
The Chapel of Our Lady of Europe (Spanish: Capilla de Nuestra Señora de Europa) is a Roman Catholic chapel located in the High Square (Spanish: Plaza Alta) of Algeciras (Spain). The popularly known “Capillita de Europa” (English: Small Chapel of Europe) is considered as the foundational element of the modern city of Algeciras. It was the host of the statue of the Virgin and the Child kept in the Shrine of Our Lady of Europe from the capture of Gibraltar by the Anglo-Dutch fleet in 1704 to 1864.