Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United States, Chester
Number of texts: 1
Philips Memorial Hall is a building of West Chester University, in West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States, named after George M. Philips (principal from 1881–1920), originally opened in 1927. It is a contributing building in the West Chester State College Quadrangle Historic District listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1981. Designed by Walter F. Price, the exterior is fashioned from hammer-dressed Foxcroft Wissahickon schist, a local stone commonly used for buildings in the Collegiate Gothic style.